Volunteer with us at our April 2024 event! We need help at the recycling stations, traffic control, and other tasks.
Directions: Click the grey button below to fill out the volunteer sign up form. Choose all volunteer options of interest and scroll to the bottom to click 'submit'. You know that your submission is received successfully when you receive an email with a copy of your registration info.
If the above link to the volunteer form doesn't work on your device and you don't receive a confirmation email, try disabling any ad blockers for this page on your device and refresh the page. If it still doesn't work, email us directly and let us know your Name (first, last), email, cell phone number (for texting) and any preferences on your role. Roles include rigid plastics, styrofoam, traffic, donations, and master recycler education tables.
Volunteer Position Descriptions
- All of the collection areas involve receiving materials from the public and ensuring they meet PlanetCon's published criteria for acceptability. Training will be provided on the day of event.
- Working in the Free Table (Swap) area entails greeting people, receiving acceptable donations, placing them out on tables for display, helping "treasure hunters" find what they are looking for, and keeping the organized and tidy.
- Master Recyclers working at information and demonstration tables can use their own kit or borrow one from Washington County.
- Traffic control involves asking participants questions on what they are bringing to the event, and/or directing traffic. Safety vests are required and will be provided.
- PlanetConcierge volunteers rove the venue, helping attendees (and fellow volunteers). Examples include help carrying their items to collection areas, giving directions; answering general questions; stepping in to help where needed; etc.
- Spanish Interpreters rove the event helping with translation as needed for Spanish language speakers.